Re: table space problem

From: Hartmut <hagoehrt_at_debis.com>
Date: 16 Dec 1999 10:58:19 GMT

Jason,

the tablespace quotas for the db-user who performs the action exceeded. The quotas are recorded in table DBA_TS_QUOTAS (select * from DBA_TS_QUOTAS;) You can extend these quotas with the following command:

alter user <username> quota <size>/unlimited on <tablespace_name>;

i.e.:
alter user miller quota 20M on users;
or
alter user miller quota unlimited on users;

I don\'t know how you increased the tablespace:\'alter tablespace add datafile ...\' or \'alter database datafile resize\' - the second way ist the better (more perfomant) way (max. size is 2GB). By the way, the best method to increase performance (regarding tablespaces) is to distribute r/w access equally over several disks.

kind regards
Hartmut