Newbie:Ent Mgr and Mgmt Packs

From: <sboucher_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:35:42 GMT

We are converting to oracle and I hear talk of using an Enterprise Manager and Management Packs as a GUI to make admin a little easier.

I was reading on how to import data from a text file into an oracle table, but the documentation says to use the wizard a management server must be running.

What does the management server do. A client was installed on my NTWorkstation machine. Is this the management server?? Or, does management server go on another box or the same box as our Oracle Server. We are installing Oracle8i.

Thanks
Scott

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 16 1999 - 10:35:42 CET

Original text of this message