Library attachment problem/BUG Forms 5.0/6.0

From: Hansen, Ivar-Albaek <ivhan_at_wmdata.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:22:44 +0100

Sometimes, when calling a form from another form, my runtime process is killed without warning and without Dr. Watson. Another behaviour is strange characters in the first field of the called form before the form locks.

Anyway, the cure is to remove any attached library in the _calling_ form, create a new attachment to the same library and recompile. This is a cumbersome workaround, and it doesn't always work. Particularly attachements with attachments cause trouble (this _is_ a legal construct).

Sometimes the attached library is un-removable (I'm trying to register this as a bug at Oracle).

Any solution/workaround to this would be appreciated.

/Ivar Received on Thu Dec 16 1999 - 09:22:44 CET

Original text of this message