Re: COMMIT recors instead of a complete form

From: Matthias Kleinicke <extern.matthias.kleinicke_at_volkswagen.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:35:57 +0100

Hello Arie,

in Forms an simple COMMIT is not executed on DB. Instead it's translated to a call to COMMIT_FORM, which is an FORMS-libraryprocedure.

Here a list of possible "COMMIT"-types:

COMMIT or COMMIT_FORM: posts all changes in the form to database and issues a COMMIT (on DB)
ROLLBACK or CLEAR_FORM: empties the form and issues a ROLLBACK on DB

POST                                                sends all changes to the
database but no COMMIT

FORMS_DDL('COMMIT') I think this is what You need; issues a COMMIT on DB (without even validating the form)

Arie Mars <arie_at_pca-online.nl> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 835rq4$bpkd$1_at_reader1.wxs.nl...
> Hello,
>
> Some questions about COMMIT
>
> 1. Why is the message 'No changes to save' a popup-message sometimes,
> instead of a status-line message?
>
> 2. I use a timer-trigger in my FORM to start an import procedure, running
in
> the background.
> In this procedure I use some SQL code to INSERT the imported values
INTO