Re: Icons, Icons, Icons

From: <pberetta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 23:05:43 GMT

Max,

   Regarding your first question, I am running Forms 5.0 on an NT system, so the registry location in 98, or for the version of Forms you are using may be different; on mine it is found in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - SOFTWARE - ORACLE
the icon directory is specified with: TK25_ICON on my setup this points to: "D:\ORANT\TOOLS\DEVDEM20\BIN\ICON" and I believe Forms 4.5 uses this same directory structure (naturally, the drive letter may differ).

   Regarding your second question, are you saving the form to a file, or to the database? I've never saved to the database, but if you are, that might be the answer (especially if you did not recompile and save the form after the file rename. I can tell you that Forms captures the icon when you open the form. I tried to 'swap' icons on a button by renaming the icon files from within the form when button was pressed, didn't work. Forms apparently loads the icon when the application is first opened, then just displays it as needed. So if your app was running when you renamed the .ico file, this would explain it. Hope this helps,
Paul

In article <8364cm$go2$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   maxotto_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Okay... more to add.
>
> I just created a form with nothing on it but a button. Made the
button
> iconic. Used the icon "pset". Did a search on my ENTIRE NETWORK for
> all files called pset.*. Renamed them to xpset.* Look at the Canvas-
> View in Developer - no icon. Run the form. THE ICON APPEARS! What
> gives here?? Can/are the icons stored in the database somewhere?
>
> This is driving me nuts!
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Max
>
> In article <83638p$frp$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> maxotto_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > Does anybody know what the Registry settings are in Windows 98 to
> point
> > directories containing Icons that I want to use in my toolbar.
> >
> > I don't want to have the icons in the same directory as the forms.
> >
> > I have set UI_ICON to point to where the icons I want are... no
luck.

> > Oracle documentation says use TK21_ICON. Where? In the registry? In
> > autoexec.bat?
> >
> > I have deleted UI_ICON text entries in the registry and any entry
> with a
> > path pointing to where I think the old icons are, and _some_ of them
> are
> > still showing up. So obviously Forms is looking somewhere for these
> > icons
> > and I don't know where or how to change it.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 15 1999 - 00:05:43 CET

Original text of this message