Re: Script to compile many forms

From: Martin Angers <mangers_at_larochelle-gratton.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 14:33:22 -0500

[Quoted] Use the following line if you're using Forms 6:

On any Windows platform, at the DOS prompt, type:

FOR %1 IN (*.fmb) DO CALL x:\ORANT\BIN\IFCMP60 MODULE=%1 USERID=user_at_database/password Module_Type=FORM Batch=YES

Where X is your drive where Oracle is installed.

So it will loop through all FMB files in the current directory, and for each [Quoted] it will re-compile it. The use of CALL is important, because otherwise it doesn't wait for the Form to compile before launching the next instance of Form Compiler and soon enough you'll run out of memory.

You can easily do the same for Menus and Libraries, by changing *.fmb to *.mmb or *.pll and changing Module_Type to MENU or LIBRARY.

HTH,
Martin Angers
Larochelle Gratton
mangers_at_larochelle-gratton.com