Setting an item's property from another Form

From: Martin Angers <mangers_at_larochelle-gratton.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:48:12 -0500

[Quoted] We are using Oracle Forms 6.0.5 on Windows NT 4 and we are building a dynamic translation of our application. Translating one Form at a time, on the WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger, works fine. However, we would like to translate all open Forms when the user selects another language from the SELECT LANGUAGE Form. We have a way to find all open forms, but is it possible to set the property (like the PROMPT_TEXT) of an item if it's parent Form isn't the active, CURRENT form? If so, how could we achive this (I tried preceding the item's name with the Form's name, like 'FORM.BLOCK.ITEM', but it didn't work).

Using GO_FORM to activate each form doesn't work, since it seems that GO_FORM interrupts the code (exits the procedure) after the call.

Thanks,

--
Martin Angers
Larochelle Gratton