Re: Limitation with SQL Loader?

From: <howardparks_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:17:18 GMT

In article <833p3s$qrn$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   bkirkbride_at_cw.net wrote:
> Is it possible to load records from within the SQL*Loader control
> file with fixed length records?
>
> In other words, is this valid:
>
> INFILE * "fix 85"
>
> The reason I ask is because SQL*Loader is complaining that the
> physical record in the file exceeds 65536 bytes. This shouldn't
> even be possible because I've already told it that all records are
> 85 bytes, right? BTW this control file works when separate from
> the data. I've tried placing the data immediately after the BEGINDATA
> keyword, on the next line, after a space...

[Quoted] Sounds like a file formatting problem. You are telling SQL*Loader it has fixed length records, but it doesn't. SQL*Loader is not finding the end-of-record character it expects. You don't say which OS but the [Quoted] options we have in VMS mean it pays to pay close attention to file formats.

You mention physical records .. any CONTINUEIF statements which might mean a logical record problem?

Howard Parks
1 Peter 4:10

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 14 1999 - 17:17:18 CET

Original text of this message