Re: SYSDATE in a CHECK constraint

From: mark m <mockm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 16:01:44 GMT

Nevermind. I found this little reference after posting my original message:

Restrictions on CHECK Constraints

A CHECK integrity constraint requires that a condition be true or unknown for every row of the table. If a statement causes the condition to evaluate to false, then the statement is rolled back. The condition of a CHECK constraint has the following limitations:

+ The condition must be a Boolean expression that can be evaluated
using the values in the row being inserted or updated.
+ The condition cannot contain subqueries or sequences.
+ The condition cannot include the SYSDATE, UID, USER, or USERENV SQL
functions.
+ The condition cannot contain the pseudocolumns LEVEL, PRIOR, or
ROWNUM; (See Also: Oracle8i SQL Reference for an explanation of these pseudocolumns).
+ The condition cannot contain a user-defined SQL function.

Link: http://technet.oracle.com/doc/server.815/a68003/01_05dta.htm#4216

Mark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 14 1999 - 17:01:44 CET

Original text of this message