Re: FIX [JD3 show stopper error reloading BC4J prjs]

From: Randall J. Parr <RParr_at_TemporalArts.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 08:42:03 -0600

I have been working with the JDeveloper development folks and they have found
the problem with *my* project.

It appears the problem is that I have a table and an column name of "country".
They agree this is perfectly legal, acceptable in the Oracle database, but it
appears there is a bug in JDeveloper that creates two business component objects
with the same name and then chokes on the duplicate names when reloading the

project.

They said they would be fixing this (no indication yet as to when) but the short-term work around is to modify my schema so as not to have a table named
country which also has a column named country. I am not certain (but will shortly be finding out) if I could have a table named country and have *other*
tables with a column named country.

Let me know if this helps.

R.Parr
Temporal Arts
330 S. Yellowstone Drive, Suite 3
Madison, WI 53705 U.S.A
608.833.4578 (voice)
RParr_at_TemporalArts.COM Received on Tue Dec 14 1999 - 15:42:03 CET

Original text of this message