Re: Can PL/SQL cartridge be used to buid complete e-commerce applications with OAS?

From: Oracle Enterprise Internet Tools Product Management <no_replies_at_uk.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 08:40:49 -0000

Actually,

[Quoted] this is not true, Oracle supports the Apple MRJ and JDK1.1.6.x for Solaris as clients,
just not for running Oracle Applications. Soon the Blackdown port for Linux will be
supported.

Have a look at the client statement of direction whitepaper on technet.

--
Regards

Jason

__

[Quoted]   Jason Pepper - Enterprise Internet Tools Product Management
__

[Quoted] Dana Alcivare <nospam_at_nowhere.com> wrote in message

> ahsan,
> i've done some programming with the plsql cartridge on OAS and it does
seem
> capable of handling e-commerce apps... you may want to learn javascript
> though for doing client-side validation and cool stuff like that.
>
> regarding forms on the web, be aware that oracle only supports deploying
web
> forms on windows clients *only*. to say that their support of unix and mac
> platforms is pathetic is putting it nicely. but if that's fine with you,
> aside from OAS, all you need is DevServer.
>
> dana
>
> dana_at_mindspring.com
>
> ahsanudm wrote in message <8269nb$bg4$1_at_fizban.pprd.abbott.com>...
> >Hello every one
> >
> >I am new to the OAS area and am interested to know whether just the
PL/SQL
> >cartridge from OAS can be used to build complete e-commerce
applications..I
> >mean without using JAVA, JAVASCRIPT etc..
> >
> >Please allow me to ask one more question..
> >
> >Is it possible to bring existing Developer 2000 (forms 4.5/5)
applications