Re: VERSION CONTROL with Designer 6.5

From: Simon Hedges <shedges_at_hhhh.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 18:32:22 -0000

<florida_stefan_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:82m99u$j8m$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hi all,
>
> at Openworld I heard that with Designer 6.5 you have the possibility to
> version control any kind of document, does this feature require Oracle
> 8i or is this already available with Designer 6.0 ?? I don't mean revers
> engineering, more like check-in/check-out forms etc.

[Quoted] It is not available on Designer 6.0, and it does not require Oracle 8i. [Quoted] This is because it does not use IFS but Oracle's basic LOB facilities to store the files.

However, because it uses LOB (or CLOB or NCLOB - I get confused!) it DOES require Oracle 8.x, and so anyone using Designer on Oracle 7.x will need to upgrade to Oracle 8.x in order to move to Designer 6.5.

This information was given out at the UK Oracle User Group annual conference in Birmingham in Oct 99.

Simon Hedges
Gloucester
UK Received on Sun Dec 12 1999 - 19:32:22 CET

Original text of this message