Re: Free graphical Oracle DBA-Tool for download

From: OldUncleMe <NoLonger_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 16:34:10 GMT

It was: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 10:17:18 +0100 and with STARTLING insight, ""Andre Voegelin" <a.voegelin_at_voesystem.ch>"   posted "Free graphical Oracle DBA-Tool for download"  to "comp.database.oracle" :

-->Dear all,
-->
-->In order to support our internal consulting-activities in Oracle-related
-->projects, we developed a graphical
-->DBA tool, called GUARDIAN database manager, covering a big range of
-->functionalities not found in other
-->commercial tools. And it's incredible fast.
-->
-->Therefore we have a lot of requests for using this tool by other people.
-->Because we are not a
-->Software-Sales-Company we decided to make it available for FREE to
-->everybody. The version you can
-->download is full functional and also a detailed help-system in English is
-->provided as well as a tutorial.
-->The actual versions covers Oracle 7.x and 8.x databases.
-->
-->On this free version no support is provided. If you have any suggestions for
-->further functionality please feel
-->free to mail us (guardian_at_voesystm.ch )
-->
-->The actual web-download-area (www.voesystem.ch/download) is written in
-->German, but an English version
-->will be available soon. Anyway, you should be able to download this product
-->(3 Files fitting on floppies or
-->one large single File). Unzip the files and run setup.
-->
-->Regards,
-->your Guardian-Team

Was it necessary to cross-post this incorrect message to 5 separate newsgroups?

It is bad to include an incorrect url:
www.voesystem.ch/download = "404 Url Not Found" this works:
http://www.voesystem.ch/download.htm

It is worse, and not attributable to language difficulties, unfortunately, to make a false claim *(free) when in fact the download page, reached by a small amount of `reverse drilling` shows a different story. Bad marks for Voe System. :(

  • "90-Tage Demoversion mit uneingeschränkter Funktionalität."
  • ~90-Day Demo Version with unlimited fuctionality~

/ts Received on Sun Dec 12 1999 - 17:34:10 CET

Original text of this message