ORA-205 error after Installing Oracle 8 Personal edition

From: SJ <sajijohn_at_netcom.ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 23:16:22 -0600

I installed a trial version of Oracle 8 Personal editon and was able to connect to the database. But soon after I installed Developer 6.0, I am unable to access Oracle. But while connecting to the database, I get ORA-205 error "Cannot mount database". Developer is running ok. I tried to install/uninstall Oracle several times unsucessfully. Pl. suggest what I should do.

 I am running Win 98 on my m/c, and the default oracle home is Orawin95. I also tried to install Oracle 8i later on, but was unable to do so as there is a default Oracle home already.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks. Received on Sun Dec 12 1999 - 06:16:22 CET

Original text of this message