Re: How robust are Java Oracle Tools for large 3-Tier development?

From: Paul Dorsey <pdorsey_at_dulcian.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 01:15:54 GMT

Web DB is a great toy and works well when all you need are limited capabilities.
JDeveloper 3.0 went production at Open world so it is too early to tell if it will hold up under
serious production loads. I have seen the same posts you have, which may or may not be a
reliable measure of the tools effectiveness in a large production environment.
I am doing a book on JDeveloper 3.0 and am so far pretty happy but we are only now
really starting to push the tool. I have a large system that we are now working on that will go production
in 9-12 months. We have committed to putting as much of the system as possible in the DB so we can convert when the Java environment becomes stable. But,... we have not bet the farm on JDeveloper quite yet. Oracles bleeding edge tends to be as sharp as anyone's.

--
Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.