How robust are Java Oracle Tools for large 3-Tier development?

From: Danny Pearce <dannypearce.home_at_virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 21:21:45 -0000

Hi,

[Quoted] I have a fairly large Client/Server development, currently in VB, PL/SQL and [Quoted] Oracle8 which runs efficiently, but has been developed over the last 5 years, and now lacks structure. I now need to develop a 2nd (and 3rd) application in the same area, but with slightly different business rules.

It's obvious to me, that I need to move from client/server to a 3 tier architecture.

I recently attended Oracle's Web enabling Seminar, and was very impressed by [Quoted] the demos and functionality of the tools presented (WebDB, OAS, JBuilder etc). However, since then I have heard some less favourable reports on the reliability, speed and ability to use to tools for large scale development.

[Quoted] I would be very interested to hear anyones views that has gone down this route.

Thanks in advance,

Danny Pearce Received on Sat Dec 11 1999 - 22:21:45 CET

Original text of this message