Newbies: BEFORE YOU POST A QUESTION --- READ THIS!!!!

From: Paul Dorsey <pdorsey_at_dulcian.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 12:28:21 GMT

In the interest in trying to help you get your questions answered I would like to
give you a few pointers:
  1. Use a good subject that mentions the product and/or basic problem area. DO NOT use stupid headers like HELP ME!!! Newbie question Question for the GURUs Do use headers like: Reports 3.0 auto layout question Forms 6.0 install issue -- can't connect local
  2. Do not be shy about writing more than a line or two to tell your problem. Make sure you
  3. Say what you did to get where you are
  4. say what is now happening
  5. say what you want to happen differently
  6. provide sample code
  7. provide product names and version numbers
  8. mention what platform you are running on
  9. Do at least a little homework prior to asking a few thousand people world wide your question. If you don't own any books with Oracle in the title, maybe buy a few first, and read just a little. Ask you coworkers. Think about your problem for at least an hour or two.

Also, I would like to encourage everyone on this list to join ODTUG (Oracle Development Tools User Group).
It is THE best assemblage of development talent in the Oracle communittee. You can reach ODTUG from the Dulcian web site links page.

--
Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.