Research on Oracle products

From: Silver Bullit <kruisland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 11:38:54 +0100

Hello,

[Quoted] We are two students, Jeffry Hollstegge and Roel de Jongh, from a technical university in Holland. As a project we are researching four Oracle Product with which internet applications can be made. The research is about how easy it is to make an internet application with one of these products. The products we are examinating are:

  • Oracle WebDB version 2.0
  • Oracle Application Server 4.0
  • Oracle Developer 6.0
  • Oracle J/Developer 2.0

We have about 2 to 3 month to do the research, and we don't thing we really can learn to work with all the product in that short amount of time. So we hope you could help us, by answering some questions, and mail it back to us.

The questions we like an answer on are:

  • Which of the products are you using?
  • How long have you worked with these products?
  • Can you discribe the advantages and disadvantiges of the product you are using?
  • Do you miss some features that should have been intergrated?
  • Is it difficult to make an internet application with the products in a short amount of time?
  • Is the product easy to use?
  • Do you need to have a lot of knowledge of SQL or Oracle to use these products?
  • Is it easy to implement existing databases, or existing applications?
  • Once an application has been made, is it difficult to change or update it?
  • Do you have any other comments?
  • Can we mail you again with more questions?

If you are using another version of an Oracle product please answer the questions too. If you think another Oracle product is better or easier to use to make an internet application please tell us too. We hope we hear from you, thanks!

Greetings Jeffry and Roel

Our email adresses are: Jeffry.Hollstegge_at_UCC.nl and Roel.de.Jongh_at_UCC.nl

Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net
Complaints to news_at_netfront.net Received on Wed Dec 08 1999 - 11:38:54 CET

Original text of this message