Re: Need help to use hierarchical item in developer

From: Steve Bosman <stevebosman_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 08:51:22 GMT

As a postscript I discovered yesterday that there is a potentially serious limitation with the hierarchical tree. You are limited to 1927 displayed nodes (without using icons) and 1820 displayed nodes (with icons). The problems are all visual your tree can have more nodes, just don't try to display them all at once, after the limit is reached nodes start disappearing off the bottom (i.e. the scrollbar can't get at them) and eventually (I think after twice the limit) the tree starts wrapping - displaying nodes on top of each other. This has been reported to Oracle and has a bug# of 1102210 (although I couldn't find it on MetaLink). Unfortunately I'm kind of stuck with the tree control as we need to be able to release using web forms and according to our technology guy an OCX won't do.

I have a strong suspicion that the scrollbar has the same 32767 point limit I have encountered in VB and because the tree has smooth scrolling the limit is reached fairly quickly (1927*17 approx 32767, 1820*18 approx 32767)

Steve

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 08 1999 - 09:51:22 CET

Original text of this message