Re: Directory of the Forms application

From: <igal_at_healthstreet.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 21:27:19 GMT

In article <384CE0BB.AFA8D73E_at_cern.ch>,   Erika.Grondzakova_at_cern.ch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How could I find out what is the directory from which I have run the
> Forms application?
>
> I would need this info for running the report from this Forms
> application, which will be placed in the same directory as the Forms
> application.
>
> If I define hard-coded path in the Forms application to the report
file,
> it works fine.
> Run_Product(REPORTS, 'C:\forms45\migration\generation_result',
> SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME, FILESYSTEM, pl_id, NULL);
>
> But I know that the application will be placed in different
directories,
[Quoted] [Quoted] [Quoted] > so I would need to change it and compile it again...
> I was looking for the system variables, or GET_APPLICATION_PROPERTY,
but
> I didn't find any information about the directory.
>
> Does anybody have any idea?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance,
>
> Erika Grondzakova

Hi Erika,
The simplest solution would be to create a copy of the report in the same directory where the forms executables are. Then you don't need to specify the full path in RUN_PRODUCT.
Igal

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 07 1999 - 22:27:19 CET

Original text of this message