Suppressing Hints in Menus

From: Eric C. Janzen <ejanzen_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 19:23:37 GMT

Question for you....

My client is using a Forms Menu with the Menu toolbar (i.e. specify "Visible in Horizontal Toolbar" property for the menu item) .

The problem is this: When using the save icon to save a change, if the user moves the mouse pointer to the icon and clicks it, then does not move the mouse pointer away, the confirmation message (1 record(s) applied and committed) displays in the status bar for about a second, THEN IS OVERWRITTEN BY THE MENU HINT! The client does not like this.

I have tried to nullify the hint text field in the menu - then the confirmation message is just blanked out - even worse in my opinion.

I have tried to initiate a runtime session with the "Suppress Hints" setting turned on. That has no affect whatsoever (even on the form item hints)

So does anybody know how to turn off the menu hints? I really hope so, because the only other option I know is to create a toolbar canvas with WHEN-MOUSE-ENTER and WHEN-MOUSE-LEAVE triggers and add it to each form.

--
Eric Janzen