How to determine db name for a connection

From: Scott D. DeWitt <dewittsc_at_us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 1999 10:13:38 -0500

All,

[Quoted] I need a way to determine the database name for a given connection. We have a situation in which we call a user DLL that could make a database connection to an Oracle database. However, in the calling application, we do not know the name of the database this DLL will connect to since it is specified by the user at runtime in the DLL. When we return to the calling DLL, we want to re-use the connection if it was established. It is easy enough to determine whether or not a connection exists by doing some dummy SQL and seeing if I get a -1012. However, if a connection does exist, I need to know the name of the database for this connection.

Is there any way to obtain connection information about the current database connection if one exists?

Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Scott DeWitt Received on Tue Dec 07 1999 - 16:13:38 CET

Original text of this message