Re: Help with Report Design

From: Eric Raskin <eraskin_at_paslists.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 11:33:10 -0500

Paul:

Thanks for the encouragement.

Unfortunately, yes -- the view works fine in sql plus.

The reason for the temporary table was to avoid a sort. If I use a select distinct, I guarantee a sort. If I make a temporary table first, then select based on that, then hopefully Oracle will use its indexes (indices?) to get to the data in the correlated subqueries.

The table of states shouldn't change very often, right? :-)

  • Original Message ----- From: Paul Dorsey <pdorsey_at_dulcian.com> To: Eric Raskin <eraskin_at_paslists.com> Sent: Monday, December 06, 1999 11:13 AM Subject: Re: Help with Report Design