Re: How to launch an external application from Form?

From: Martin Angers <mangers_at_larochelle-gratton.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 11:28:02 -0500

I assume you're on a Windows platform, so I haven't tried it, but this should do the work (Win_Api_Shell.WinExec):

Excerpt from Forms Builder Help:

Execute a Windows program from within an Oracle Developer product. The program runs independently of the product that called it.

Syntax

PROCEDURE Win_Api_Shell.WinExec
(Command IN VARCHAR2,
 WindowStyle IN PLS_INTEGER DEFAULT WIN_API.SW_SHOWNORMAL,  RaiseExceptions IN BOOLEAN DEFAULT FALSE);

HTH,
Martin Angers
Larochelle Gratton
mangers_at_larochelle-gratton.com