Re: Somebody Please Help Me!!!

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 14:54:05 GMT

In article <82eubq$h43$1_at_bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>,   "Joseph Zamplione" <z.joseph_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> I am brand new to the Oracle world and I need to accomplish the
following:

> Create an Oracle database (doesn't have to be fancy) to accommodate a
> computer inventory and attach a Java front-end so data can be added,
deleted
> and modified via the web. Sounds easy, right?
>
> I have been banging my head for about two months now and can't seem
to get
> it right.
>
> If anyone can help, this could be a business opportunity!
>
> I am down to about a week and a half to get this done!
>
> Thanks to anyone who could help,
>
> Joe

The Oracle Installation Manual will pretty much walk you through installing Oracle and building a database with the Oracle install program which is normally named, orainst or oracleins, depending on platform and version. The Concepts manual has a chapter on building a database while the create database command is fully documented in the SQL manual if you want to build or rebuild a database after the install. Once the installation is done, and a database is built, then you need to configure net8 (sqlnet) to support access from remote clients.

Could you be a little more specific on what problems you are encountering?

--
Mark D. Powell  -- The only advice that counts is the advice that
 you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.