Re: Need help to use hierarchical item in developer

From: Leo Van Nieuwenhuyse <leo.van.nieuwenhuyse_at_pandora.be>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 22:53:13 +0100

Try this sql-statement in the DATA QUERY of your item:

        select  1,        level,
        emp.ename,        'C:\ORANT\FORMS45\DEMOS\ICONS\'||
         DECODE(level,1,'W_KING',
                                        2,'W_QUEEN',
                                        3,'W_KNIGHT',
                                            'W_PAWN')||
        '.ico',                    to_char(empno)from    emp
       connect by prior empno = mgr
       start   with JOB = 'PRESIDENT'

!!!(eventually replace the C:\ORANT by your oracle home or another path containing your icons or leave the column null). The meaning of the different Columns:
Column 1 = state number :1 = expanded node -1 = colapsed node 0 = leaf node

Column 2 = offset number (the level in the tree)
Column 3 = label varchar (the label of the treenode)
Column 4 = icon varchar2 (null allowed)
                         (the icon of the  treenode)
Column 5 = value varchar2 (the value bound to the label)

Good luck!

Michel Scory <michel.scory_at_village.uunet.be> schreef in berichtnieuws 82441v$lmn$1_at_xenon.inbe.net...