FRM-99999 error when running web-enabled forms

From: Ric Sullivan <Ric_Sullivan_at_Harvard.edu>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 10:57:37 -0600

[Quoted] We are encountering the FRM-99999 error when running web-enabled forms.
We have 4 NT boxes behind a load balancer that serve up our web-enabled
Forms to client machines running Netscape 4.5 or IE 5.0.  The servers
will run without error for 2-3 weeks and then suddenly we are unable to
run the web-forms from one of them.  Each server encounters the same
problem after running without reboot for extended period of time.

After we identify the problem machine, we look in Task Manager from NT and notice nothing unusual in terms of memory resources being consumed.  What we do find unusual is that while in Task Manager, if we look at the Processes that are running, there will be many F50WEB32.EXE processes that cannot be killed using  the “End Process” button.  The only way we’ve found they can be killed is by rebooting the machine.

Another unusual thing about these “errant” processes is that they are very small in size (about 200K) in comparison to a normal process running the web-enabled forms (approx. 15,000-35,000K).  This symptom is found consistently on a box that is producing the FRM-99999 error.  Typical of NT, rebooting the machine consistently corrects the problem.

We are running the following configuration and have tested on other machines as well, always with the same result over time:

Oracle Forms 5.0
Jinitiator 1.1.5.21
Windows NT 4.0
Service Pack (tried 3.0 through 5.0 with no success)
Oracle Database Enterprise Server 8.0.5.1
Netscape Enterprise Server 3.6
Netscape Administration Server 3.5

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Ric

Ric_Sullivan_at_Harvard.edu

Ric Sullivan, Practice Manager, Grants Management
Harvard University, Financial Administration
Office of Administrative Systems

619 Holyoke Center                   Email:
Ric_Sullivan_at_Harvard.edu
1350 Massachusetts Avenue            Voice: 617.496.8721
Cambridge, MA  02138                   Fax: 617.496.8883 Received on Sun Dec 05 1999 - 17:57:37 CET

Original text of this message