Re: schema owner rights by building forms

From: wozi <wozi_at_dhc.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 07:54:02 -0800

A schema is synonymous with a user account. When you create a user account, that becomes a schema and all objects created by that user are stored in the user's account or schema - hence the phrase schema objects.

For example, I am working on a Library Automation Software (LAS). So, I created a user called LAS and granted it connect, dba. I log in as LAS and create all my objects such as tables, views, indexes, etc.

From form builder, I log in as LAS. I also created a public synonym for all objects owned by LAs so that other users can run the application and access the objects. Ofcourse, you have to grant rights on the objects to others.

Hope that helps.