Re: Can anyone Name a Good Oracle 8/Visual Basic 6 Book?

From: <zschott_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 03:32:28 GMT

Snowdon's book is good, but you will want to try a new book by WROX.

ISBN 1861001789 : Visual Basic Oracle 8 Programmer's Reference.

This book only covers OO4O and ADO is is a bit more up to date. It was just released November 28.

You might be interested in Oracle Technet's OLE DB (ADO) beta. You can download that at technet.oracle.com. The Oracle ADO is capable of returning server side cursors.

For more information about OO4O goto...

http://www.egroups.com/group/oo4ole/

Good Luck!

Zane E

In article <383A93D5.398DA50B_at_Unforgettable.com>,   BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com wrote:
> Travlinda wrote:
> >
> > Hi.
> >
> > With all the books to choose from, can anyone possibly recommend a
good book
> > that covers information on using Visual Basic 6 to connect to
Oracle 8
> > databases? I looked in a well-known book store over the week end,
and there
> > are so many, I don't know which to choose.
> >
> > Has anyone got a suggestion on this?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Actually, there is a pretty good book:
>
> Oracle Programming with Visual Basic by Nick Snowdon. Published by
Sybex.
> ISBN 0-7821-2322-8.
>
> It doesn't provide everything you might want to know about application
> development from start to finish, but it does provide very good
coverage of
> all of the different access techniques such as DAO, RDO, ODBCDirect,
ADO,
> OLE DB and OO4O.
>
> Also, if you have not downloaded and installed the latest
mdac_typ.exe, the
> MSDASDK (along with the update), run, do not walk to your nearest web
> browser and get them. Not only will you have the latest drivers,
there are
> also a lot of good examples that come with them. Dig around on the
> Microsoft site and you'll find other helpful downloads as well.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Dec 04 1999 - 04:32:28 CET

Original text of this message