Re: OAS 4.0.7 error

From: <d_j_at_vsnl.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 03:06:33 GMT

It is possible to uninstall the Service Pack 5 from Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs.

Before doing anything, backup your system. Also uninstall OAS 4.0.7 and cleanup your registry if there are no other Oracle Products installed. If you have other Oracle products installed, don't try to cleanup registry manually. You may accidentally damage other configurations.

After uninstalling SP5, you can install SP3. Make sure you select Create Uninstall Directory option when installing SP3. Once this is done, you will be able to use OAS 4.0.7.

I hope you will be successful in deploying Dev 6 with OAS 4.0.7. If you have time and inclination, please note the steps that you take to deploy. May be then you can help me when I need to deploy my Dev 6 with OAS. Best of luck.

Regards,
Dharmesh Joshi.

In article <r%M14.18388$Oo3.442067_at_news.tpnet.pl>,   "Daniel Lisiecki" <lisu_at_venus.wmid.amu.edu.pl> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I had installed Developer 6.0. To deploy the forms on the web I've to
> install OAS 4.0.7 or higher. So I get version 4.0.7 from
technet.oracle.com,
> but it doesn't work. I've received following error while trying to
execute
> "owsctl start":
> >> ORB is not responding. Please restart manually...
> OWS-20214: The OAS process can not be started, because the CORBA
orb
> processes can not be started <<
> I know now, that this is a fault of my Windows NT configuration (I
have
> Service Pack 5 - this version works only with SP3). So i try to get
OAS
> verion 4.0.8. Unfortunetly on technet.oracle.com there are documents
for
> 4.0.8 e.t.c, but for download is only version 4.0.7.
> Is there a different way to resolve this problem, other than
re-install
> Windows NT (downgrade of service pack is not possible!!!)?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Daniel Lisiecki
> lis9_at_kki.net.pl

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Dec 04 1999 - 04:06:33 CET

Original text of this message