Re: Forms5 help

From: <pberetta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 11:12:20 GMT

Wozi,

   Probably the easiest way to accomplish what you want (retrieve a range of hiredate values) is to:

  1. Increase the Maximum Length property of HIREDATE to about 100 (no need to increase the visible size on canvas, it will scroll if the query length is greater than the visible portion, but you can do that too if you have the room) to allow for longer queries.
  2. Teach your users that, while in ENTER QUERY, they can input something like: >= '01-JAN-81' AND HIREDATE <= '01-JUN-82' into the HIREDATE item and then EXECUTE the query. The example would retrieve all the records with HIREDATE within this range. Problem solved, no need for extra items, just a little 'User Ed' required.

Hope this helps,
Paul

In article
<073F1BE2023836B7.70BBD71110CF93D2.460873BB74264331_at_lp.airnews.net>,   "wozi" <wozi_at_dhc.net> wrote:
> using scott.emp table as example.
>
> I created a multi-record block and placed it on canvass. I also place
> 2 non-base text items and a button on the canvass.
>
> The button basically performs execute_query and that workds fine
since all
> records in the emp table are displayed. However, when I enter dates
in the
> 2 text items, I want to set_block_property('emp',
default_where, ???) such
> that
> the hiredate in the table would show those records that are between
the date
> ranges enetred in the canvass.
>
> I need help constructing the default_where statement. Thanks very
much.
> Reply also to tyc77_at_hotmail.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 03 1999 - 12:12:20 CET

Original text of this message