Re: What's FASTEST way to IMPORT Massive amounts of TRANSACTIONAL DATA? (Non-SQL*Loader)

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 03 Dec 1999 05:42:08 GMT

>SQL*Loader is fastest for raw pumping of data straight to tables but we have
>to do queries as we import to see if an Entity is already in the database.
>If
>they are, then update their ENTITY and ENTITY_ATTRIBUTES information in the
>database. If not then insert into the below type of tables.
>
>We have tables that store information like below...

SQL*Loader is the most efficient way that I know of... a few hints though...

You might try inserting into a view which has an instead-of trigger that call the pl/sql stuff you have already written....

One thing to make sure of is that the SQL*Load process is running on the same CPU as the file. Otherwise the data has to go out the network from the source server to the CPU running the SQL*Loader process, then back out on the network to go to the database server. If you can eliminate some of the network traffic, it will go faster.

Dan Hekimian-Williams Received on Fri Dec 03 1999 - 06:42:08 CET

Original text of this message