Re: WEBDB Forms w/Long Columns

From: TimKArnold <timkarnold_at_aol.com>
Date: 03 Dec 1999 02:06:22 GMT

Hank,
You are correct. It is apparently a bug. I posed the same question about 2 weeks
ago with no response. I thought maybe it was because OraWorld was in progress. If you know PL/SQL, you can go in a tweak the stored procedure 'wwv_sys_dml'.
It loops through all the columns you have selected AND then also adds code for the
LONG column which is basically redundant.   If you can possibly avoid the LONG, do it. Otherwise, I think you'll have to modify the code. I have some details if you want.

Regards,
Tim