Passing parameter to Reports through CGI on OAS?

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 17:34:27 GMT

Platform: OAS 4.0.8 on Win NT 4 SP 5

I have set up OAS so that reports can be served. I had to use CGI (RWCGI60.EXE) since the reports cartridge isn't supported for OAS 4.0.8. If the report uses straight SQL, everything works fine. What I'd like to do is use parameters in the where clause of my SQL statement in the

report. For instance, "SELECT * FROM table WHERE col2 BETWEEN :low AND
:high". I'd like to be able to pass the 'low' and 'high' values to the
report. Is there any way that I can accomplish this. What I'm looking
for is a way to encode the parameter values into the URL similar to: http://myserver.com/cgi-bin/rwcgi60.exe?report=myreport.rep+userid=user/pass_at_db+destype=cache+desformat=html+server=repserver+low=val1+high=val2

Any way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,
Brian Received on Thu Dec 02 1999 - 18:34:27 CET

Original text of this message