Re: developer 2000? passing record group?

From: Stefan Rudolph-Klindtwort <StefanRudolph-Klindtwort_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 01:42:53 +0100

Hello,

yes this is a little bit tricky !!

You're right if you pass the Record-Group as a data-parameter. In the Report you have to define a Query with the exact name of the Data-Parameter :
Example :
Parameter sent to report :
add_parameter ( p_pl_id , 'ID100_DATA', DATA_PARAMETER , 'ID100_DATA' );

In Reports define a Query called 'ID100_DATA', the name of the Query Group is not important.

In the Query you have to define the Record group with fixed values as a SELECT-Statement based on an Dummy-Table i.e. DUAL: SELECT 'XXX' COL_1, -- If Char or Varchar

                1         COL_2,  -- If Number
                to_date (sysdate) COL_3 -- If Date
FROM DUAL This Query represents the DATA_PARAMETER passed from Froms !

Greetinx, hope to help you...

<rajesh_r47_at_my-deja.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 81vf8j$jsp$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...