Re: Using sequences with WebDB

From: <kbrown_nd97_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 20:41:28 GMT

[Quoted] I've built a table, an update form for that table, and a sequence.

I need the <sequencename>.nextval to populate an id field in my table on insert, but I don't understand how or where in WebDB to make that assignment.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

yes put schemaname.#sequencename.nextval in the default value field.

  • Hello, I am having trouble getting the solution listed above to work. I consistently get the "sequencename.nextval" printing in the form field, instead of the number I am trying to get it to print. Is this something to do with the version of WebDB that I am using?

The version is WebDB 2.1.0.9.3

Perhaps this only works in later versions?

Can someone help me?

Thanks.

  • Kevin Brown

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 01 1999 - 21:41:28 CET

Original text of this message