Re: Forms 5: Deleting a row with a column referenced by a foreign key

From: <pberetta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 19:21:38 GMT

Could you, or another programmer, set :SYSTEM.MESSAGE_LEVEL so high that this error does not generate a message; or created an exception handler that ignores it? The window Forms displays when you attempt to exit is kind of misleading, the only acceptable answer is NO since the error condition precludes saving the changes. Oracle really should create another window with only one button and a message that would let the user know that an error has occurred and the changes will be lost for cases like this and only use the current window in situations where the user actually has an option.

In article <8235rm$ab4$1_at_lola.ctv.es>,   "Sex_appeal" <aa_at_aa.es> wrote:
> Hi,
> When I try to delete a row with a column referenced by a
> foreign key, Forms doesn't show a message saying something
> like "ORA-XXXX: foreign key constraint violation". It just
> shows a "Working...", but nothing more.
> Then, when I try to exit the Form, it shows the window "Do
> you want to save the changes? (YES/NO)". If I push YES,
> nothing happens.
> żAny Idea?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 01 1999 - 20:21:38 CET

Original text of this message