What is better, ODBC or OO4O?

From: Wouter <wsh_at_xs3.xs4all.nl>
Date: 30 Nov 1999 13:02:46 GMT

Hello,

[Quoted] We are migrating from Sybase to Oracle. Our NT applications use ADO (with odbc). [Quoted] [Quoted] However we're having problems with ODBC and Oracle: Stored procedures with a ref [Quoted] [Quoted] cursor as input or output parameter is only supported if the stored procedure [Quoted] [Quoted] is defined in a package. The only ODBC driver that does not have this limitation [Quoted] is the one from intersolve (merant), however this driver is very expensive.

[Quoted] So we are looking at alternatives, and we would like to know if anybody has any [Quoted] [Quoted] experience with OO4O, compared to ODBC (with ADO). I don't see much about OO4O [Quoted] [Quoted] in newsgroups, is this because 0040 is perfect, or because is sucks?

We want to use it for multitier (and multithreaded) applications.

Any advice or pointer to information about the subject is welcome!

Thanks, Wouter

--
wsh_at_xs4all.nl