Importing with UTL_FILE

From: Lindsay Walker <lindsay.walker_at_portfolio.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 11:54:06 -0000

Hoping someone can help me with a problem I am having with the UTL_FILE package. I am using it to import some data but I can't seem to see any way of knowing when the end of the file has been reached. As a quick fix, I have the import code in it's own execution block and then just wait for the no_data_found exception to be raised. This can't be the only way to do it and I am sure there is a very simple end-of-file test but I just don't know the syntax for it.

Any ideas anyone?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lindsay

Lindsay Walker
Technical Consultant
Portfolio Systems Received on Mon Nov 29 1999 - 12:54:06 CET

Original text of this message