Re: Help connecting JDeveloper 3.0 to Oracle8i through JDBC

From: Jacob <jacmads_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 06:04:18 +0100

Hi Steven.

Thanks a lot for your help. I made the JDBC Thin driver work using the "Named Host" option and specifying the SID and Host Address directly for the server instead of using the Service Name. That worked! :-))

Now I'm trying to figure out, why I get a "No ocijdbc8 in java.library.path" when trying to connect using the "Oracle JDBC OCI-8" driver. "Werner Ebert" told me to edit "jdeveloper.ini" to specify this, but I can't get this to work. Can somebody give me some advice on how to do this?

Once again thanks, Steven

Jacob
Swahanaga <sfinkelman_at_cncdsl.com> wrote in message news:383F947E.F6BCC1DA_at_cncdsl.com...
> This may help..
>
> Oracle thin doesn't talk with sql plus. It talks dietctly to the listener.
> Try using the instance name of the oracle database instead of a net
service
> name.
>
> you may also want to check and see that the driver package is pointed to
by the
> default project file.
> do that by the menu.. tools.. default project properties.. paths.. and add
the
> library.
>
> add the library by clicking on libraries, then pick your library or click
on
> new.
> if you click on new, you name the library, and add the paths to the
classes,
> source and doc
>
> Steven finkelman,
> ideas llc.
>
> Jacob wrote:
>
> > Hi all.
> >
> > This may be a simple question to most of you, but anyway. I just got
> > JDeveloper 3.0 and wanted to connect it to Oracle8i, running on another
> > machine on the network. My own NT Workstation have the Oracle8i Client
> > installed, and I have set up a Net Service Name for the server at TCP/IP
> > address 192.168.1.1, port 1521, called "ORACLE8I.IKASTHS.DK". The Net
> > Service Name is tested using Net8 Assistant, and there doesn't seem to
be
> > any problems here. I have also tested with SQL*Plus, and no problems
here
> > neither.
> >
> > I try to establish a connection by right-clicking on "Connections..." in
> > JDeveloper, which brings up the Connections dialog. I now want to
establish
> > a connection to the server with either the JDBC Thin Driver or the OCI8
JDBC