sql loader

From: joe tremper <orawan01NOorSPAM_at_aol.com.invalid>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 13:32:24 -0800

[Quoted] Oracle server, v 7.1.4.0, sql loader v 7.1.4.0.2, win 3.11 on a pentinum 100 machine.

Using sql loader I am tryin to append rows to an existing table.

I am using the format demonstratd in many Oracle examples, "A combined data and control file, to include the use of a sequence number.

The error message is always the same, "Column not found before end of logical record (use TRAILING NULLCOLS).

Rearranging the order fo the fields in the data file portiion causes the system to not find data for any columns after the end of the first line.

It appears the error occurs when the utility moves from reading the first line to the next line of a single row.

Question: Is there a "line continuation" character required if the data fields extend beyond a single line?

If you have the time and inclination to help please send your email address to orawan_01_at_aol.com for a copy of the control/data file and error log.

Thanks,

Joe

  • Sent from AltaVista http://www.altavista.com Where you can also find related Web Pages, Images, Audios, Videos, News, and Shopping. Smart is Beautiful