OLE - WORD

From: proinfo <loladan_at_comic.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 09:45:38 -0500

[Quoted] I am using Forms 6.0.

We keep rtf files in blobs and let users edit files through OLE container. Double-click - bring up ole server - which is MS Word and then Save/Exit.

Now users want to save document to a file without opening it. (By pressing a [Quoted] button and specifying file name in a text box)

Here is a code Oracle claims WORK, but in reality it does not. Yes, I get to open a document, and even to save a doc on the hard drive - but inside the doc - total mess - not a copied text, but piece of code that does the operation.

  PLEASE HELP - DO I NEED A PATCH??? ANY TRICKS? the code comes from technet.

DECLARE

  • Declare the OLE object application OLE2.OBJ_TYPE;
  • Declare handle to the OLE argument list args OLE2.LIST_TYPE;

BEGIN

  • Activate Word FORMS_OLE.ACTIVATE_SERVER('MY_OLE_CONTAINER_ON_THE_FORM');
  • Start WordBasic application:=OLE2.CREATE_OBJ('Word.Basic');
  • Open the embedded document for editing FORMS_OLE.EXEC_VERB('MY_OLE_CONTAINER_ON_THE_FORM',1);
  • Create a temporary copy of the document to enable the FileSave command OLE2.INVOKE(application,'EditSelectAll'); OLE2.INVOKE(application,'EditCopy'); OLE2.INVOKE(application,'FileNew'); OLE2.INVOKE(application,'EditPaste');
  • Save the completed document to disk args:=OLE2.CREATE_ARGLIST; OLE2.ADD_ARG(args, 'FILENAME_USER_TYPED'); OLE2.INVOKE(application, 'FileSaveAs', args); OLE2.DESTROY_ARGLIST(args);
  • Close the temporary document (without prompting to save any changes) args:=OLE2.CREATE_ARGLIST; OLE2.ADD_ARG(args, 2); OLE2.INVOKE(application, 'FileClose', args); OLE2.DESTROY_ARGLIST(args);
  • Close the embedded document FORMS_OLE.CLOSE_SERVER('OLEWORD.DOC');
  • Release the OLE object OLE2.RELEASE_OBJ(application);

END; Received on Fri Nov 26 1999 - 15:45:38 CET

Original text of this message