Re: oracle forms

From: <pberetta_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:32:47 GMT

David,

   The simplest solution to your problem is 'User Training'. If your users are taught they can enter %0% to bring up all records containing a 0 at any position, 0% to bring up all records starting with 0, or %0 to bring up all records ending with 0 --- then your problem is solved. This is default Forms behavior, no programming required and works on any queryable character or numeric item. If I'm misunderstanding the problem, and what you really want is to display a picklist of part numbers, you can create an LOV and either let the user use the built in find function of the LOV, or do a little programming as follows - 1. build your record group with a query like this

   select PN from YOUR_TABLE where PN like (:GLOBAL.Part_Number) 2. create an LOV to use this query, map PN from the query to PN on your block.
3. place a button next to the item and code the following in a WHEN- BUTTON-PRESSED trigger
BEGIN
  :GLOBAL.Part_Number := '%' || :YOUR_TABLE.PN || '%';   do_key('LIST_VALUES');
END;
Hope one of these solutions works for you. Paul

In article <81fnd8$f57$1_at_bgtnsc02.worldnet.att.net>,   "David DeLisser" <d.delisser_at_worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> Please help! I know this has to be easy, but I'm new to Oracle Forms
4.5.
> Question - I have a block with one field on it called PN for Part
Number. I
> want to be able to put any PN in and automatically get all records
(field's)
> that are like that PN. For example, I want PN%. If I put in a "0", I
want it
> to display all PN's starting with 0 and so on. I tried a pre-query
on the
> block but could not get it to work.
> Please help me!!!!
> Jeannie

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 24 1999 - 11:32:47 CET

Original text of this message