OCI and multithreading problem on Linux

From: <atai_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 01:45:36 GMT

Hi, I am using Oracle 8.0.5 client on a Red Hat Linux 6.0 system connecting to a DB server (Oracle 8.0.5) running on a Solaris box. My program, a mini application server, uses OCI (Oracle Call Interface) functions only and are multithreaded. I have initialized OCI in threaded mode, following the documentation. I find that during heavy load, continuous access to the database (using testing clients which just busily send requests for DB access to my program) the program tend to crash randomly inside OCI calls (acording to core dump examined with gdb). This does not happen if the load is light. Does anyone know the cause of this problem?

I am using gcc 2.95.2 and glibc 2.1 (that comes with the stock Red Hat system) Using egcs 1.1.2 does not make a difference.

Suggestions on how to solve or work around this problem are appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Nov 24 1999 - 02:45:36 CET

Original text of this message