SQL PlusPlus - A Gift for all Newsgroup Members

From: M. Armaghan Saqib <armaghan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:45:03 GMT

Hi, all respected members of this newsgroup

I am pleased to announce the free download of SQL PlusPlus for all Oracle Developers and DBAs. (See bottom of this post for quick download instructions).

I shall be grateful to all you gurus on this list (Robert Proffitt, Thomas Kyte and others) to have a look on this small utility and give me a your quick opinion.

INTRODUCTION:

SQL PlusPlus (SQLPP) adds more power to the SQL Plus command line. It does this by providing a set of procedures, which allow you to manipulate all database objects (tables, indexes, triggers etc.) with following commands:
  1. LSTxxx: Generate simple reports about all database objects
  2. GETxxx: Get DDL SQL of all database objects
  3. BLDxxx: Create database objects using pre-built templates and other scripts

It has some very useful features including:

  1. Generates a (des2k like) table API template (which can then be enhanced). Answer to "mutating" trigger errors.
  2. Provides an ALTTAB command to alter tables any way you like including inserting new NOT NULL columns anywhere in the table.
  3. Generates your own dynamic SQL script around any collection of objects using BLDSCR command.
  4. Generates .CTL and .DAT files for SQL Loader for all or selected tables.
  5. Generates SEL, INS, UPD, DEL scripts for given tables to easily perform these operations from SQL Plus.
  6. Generating an SQL Plus script to create text-based reports from SQL Plus. And many more ...

REQUIREMENTS:

  • Oracle7.2 (and above) or Oracle8
  • SQL Plus

PRICE:

This tool is absolutely free for any use(commercial, education, home etc.) and for any number of users. (Believe me)

QUICK PREVIEW:

You can quickly preview some of the SQLPP features in action by clicking the link below:
http://www.geocities.com/armaghan/sqlpp_pv.htm

QUICK DOWNLOAD:

You can download SQLPP without going to my web page by clicking below. http://www.geocities.com/armaghan/sqlpp100.zip (304 kb) Rename this file to .exe and execute to unzip.

PASSWORD TO UNLOCK THE ZIP FILE:

To get unlocking password for zip file, send an email to armaghan_at_yahoo.com with JOIN in the subject line and some personal info (name, company, phone, city, country etc) in the body. (See my privacy policy on web page.)

Existing users of SQL Link for XL also need to register. (Sorry, I need to know how many downloads of SQLPP.)

Finally thanks to all people who helped me during this project.

best regards,
M. Armaghan Saqib (armaghan_at_yahoo.com)

  • SQL PlusPlus: Add power to SQL Plus.
  • SQL Link for XL: Integrate Oracle with XL.
  • Oracle CBT with sample GL (Triggers and Forms Source Code included. Download free: http://www.geocities.com/armaghan/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 23 1999 - 17:45:03 CET

Original text of this message