Re: OS command in PL/SQL block

From: <karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:16:22 GMT

you cannot do it so easy.
host or ! is a sql*plus command.

you can setup an environment with a listener daemon (your own) that listens to a pl/sql pipe on your database and executes whatever you stuff into that pipe.

if possible i 'd try to avoid this - it is rather error-prone. you have to re-start your daemon whenever you bounce the database, you have to worry about security and things like that.

Karsten

In article <3839D2CB.9E9AECAB_at_lazerlink.com>,   "Scott A. Haas" <sahaas_at_lazerlink.com> wrote:
> Have you tried the Host command ?
>
> ie.
> begin
> <pl/sql statements>
> Host (my unix command)
> end;
> /
>
> Roman Gawron wrote:
>
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I'd like to run operating system (Unix) command in PL/SQL block in
> > package on Oracle7 Server Release 7.3.4.0.1
> > How can I do this ?
> >
> > Any help would be deeply appreciated. My email address is
> > Roman.Gawron_at_comarch.pl

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 23 1999 - 11:16:22 CET

Original text of this message