Re: Problems to create text files

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 21 Nov 1999 15:14:24 GMT

>Hello!
>
>We've got here a little problem in creating text files within an Oracle
>procedure using the fOpen command.
>
>Running the following simple code, the answer is always 'invalid path'.
>
>CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE testp is
>fileid utl_file.file_type ;
>begin
>fileid := utl_file.fopen('C:\Temp', 'test.sql', 'r') ;
>utl_file.put_line(fileid,'on est la') ;
>utl_file.fclose(fileid) ;
>
>exception
>when utl_file.invalid_path then
>DBMS_OUTPUT.put_line('invalid path') ;
>Raise ;
>End;
>
>We have made sure than the parameter 'utl_file_dir=*' is present in the
>'initorcl.ora' file (with the assistance of the Oracle HotLine)
>The problem is present on the Oracle server (PC) itself, so it cannot be an
>user authorization or net default.
>
>If you have answers, please mail them to dr_jcm_at_hotmail.com.
>
>Thanks a lot

There is a comment in the doc about a trailing delimiters in the directory spec, and it depending on the OS. Try it with the / and without.

The directory specified is on the server (not the client). Does the directory C:\Temp exist on the server? Also check the case of the directory name. Received on Sun Nov 21 1999 - 16:14:24 CET

Original text of this message