Re: Oracle 8i installation question

From: Mourad Othman <mourad.othman_at_stusta.mhn.de>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 18:24:22 +0100

you can install ora8i parallel to ora8, but you have to define another home_directory for ora8i. You can switch later between ora8 and 8i with the Oracle Home Selector utility. You need before the installation to SHUT DOWN the running database and backup it, since the installation process can damage a running database.

mourad