[Developer 2000] Several problems with Form Builder

From: Sydney <sydney_at_i-france.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 23:24:05 +0100

Hi

I have some problem with Form Builder.

    [Quoted]
  1. Here is a PL/SQL to insert a student in the table etudiants. [Quoted] Button : Insert Event: WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED

declare
  nb number(3);
begin
  select count(*) into nb FROM etudiants WHERE etudiantID = :etudiants.etudiantID;
  if nb = 0 then
    insert into etudiants values
(:etudiants.etudiantID,:etudiants.nom,:etudiants.salarie,

:etudiants.departement,:etudiants.sexe,
:etudiants.semestre,:etudiants.annee);
    commit;
    message('Etudiant ajoute');
  else
    message('Etudiant deja existant');
  end if;
end;

The problem is coming from the commit. The error FRM-40401 appears. The help tells nothing to solve this problem.
[Quoted] The commit is indispensable, if I remove the commit, the data are not validated.
Have you an idea?

2) Problem with SET-ITEM-PROPERTY
Button : Modifier Event: WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED

SET_ITEM_PROPERTY('MODIFIER',ENABLED,PROPERTY_FALSE); I have an error FRM-41032 which tells me that I can't modify the property [Quoted] ENABLED of button Modifier because this button is ACTIVE. At the beginning, the button MODIFIER is ENABLED, if I pressed it, it want it to become DISABLED.
[Quoted] How to do this?

3) Content Canvas - Stack canvas

I have a content canvas called CANVAS32 and a stack canvas called AIDE. On [Quoted] the CANVAS32, I have a button HELP with this PL/SQL code. begin
  SHOW_VIEW('AIDE');
end;
The problem, is that canvas AIDE is not showed at the screen. Why?

Thanks a lot for your answer
Sydney from FRANCE Received on Fri Nov 19 1999 - 23:24:05 CET

Original text of this message