Re: Developer 2000 forms in OAS ?

From: <chris_lack_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:22:11 GMT

In article <810oq5$dio$1_at_naxos.belnet.be>,   "Wim Valgaeren" <valgaeren_at_softhome.net> wrote:
> I have been asked to make it possible that a form + database should be
> accessible through the internet. Can I use OAS for this? If not, how
should
> I do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Wim Valgaeren

The Oracle options are:

  1. Run Oracle Forms on Developer Server together with any web-server. This is good for fully featured applications within an organisation available via an intranet/extranet. Not so good for internet as a browser plug-in is required which is 8Mb.
  2. Oracle Designer generated Web modules which run on OAS's PL/SQL cartridge.
  3. Java written using Oracle JDeveloper and deployed using any Java supporting web server (but OAS prob best?). The tools makes use of wizards and beans to reduce the amount of hand coding required. This option probably has more life in it than 2.
--
Chris Lack

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.